This is what happens when side-projects experience catastrophic failures.
Curabase was knocked offline a couple of months ago. Only now, in late October,
have I been able to focus long enough during nights and weekends to bring it back.
Fortunately I have complete backups of source code and databases. (So if you are
one of the few users I had from before — don't worry. You will be able to
export your bookmarks soon).
Getting back up
However, the journey back was not what I expected. As I began to patch the bugs in
preparation for re-deployment it became clear that there were some critical issues
with the design, the code, and the overall product. This was not a product that I
would be happy to use daily. Nor was it something that made updates and improvements
easy. I decided to take the lessons from the first iteration (plus that of my own
day job), and apply that wisdom to a fresh version of the idea.
Yes, a rewrite
Trust me, it will be better this way. Famous last words, I know. My sincere
hope is that in this next iteration I will be more fearless in gathering criticism
and feedback on the product.